There is no prize for being busy. In a season where routine is out the window and work-life balance has become non-existent, we all benefit from prioritizing self-care. I’m dreaming of the day we can return to international getaways but there are amazing wellness retreats in the states to explore.
Virginia’s countryside is an ideal escape and the Salamander Resort & Spa offers the best five-star luxe retreat. Offering farm-to-table dining, tennis, zip lines, clay-shooting, horseback riding, and an award-winning spa.
- 30 minutes from Washington, DC
- 2 hours from Richmond, VA
Each room offers thick robes, soaking tubs, and larger guests rooms offer a fireplace to warm up next to.
Best for: a romantic escape, family vacation, or a girls weekend with activities for everyone
Book your stay through Melted&Moved and receive perks:
168 bedrooms, suites, and residences.
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Daily $30 breakfast credit per person for two guests
- $100 resort credit
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
Picture 23,000 square-feet dedicated to heated loungers, aroma-infused steam rooms, and a heated outdoor infinity pool. The spa has everything you need for an indulgent wellness retreat.
Girls weekend? Take a full spa day relaxing and enjoying the spa courtyard cabanas by fire pit or in the hot tub.
Couples? Reserve a spa suite with a fireplace, pedestal tub, and outdoor jacuzzi.
Where to Adventure
With an impressive 340-acres, you can choose to venture out to the Blue Ridge Mountains but the property is the true definition of a staycation with plenty to entertain on-site. An absolute must is visiting the equestrian facilities to see the beautiful horses and stables. Consider arranging a meet and greet with Cupcake, the miniature horse and cutest team member.
Terrace rooms offer pet-friendly accommodations, so let us know if you are bringing a four-legged family member. I will ensure our furry friends receive in-room amenities for a luxurious stay.
- Comfy bed
- Food and water bowl
- Organic treats
- Special toy
- Bring a book and relax in the library with a glass of wine or a local flight from Virginia wineries.
- With 10 meeting rooms, on-site event planners organize welcome gifts, team-building activities, and transfer services based on your wishes.
- Horse lovers, take advantage of riding lessons, trail rides, and equine therapy.
What’s your favorite activity during a wellness retreat? Are you ready to embrace the outdoors, refresh at the spa, and unwind fireside? Contact me for a complimentary discover call to discuss how we can co-create a travel experience with lasting impact.